Thread: Not talking today ...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Not talking today ...

Hi All,

A pair of flies ... on a grass blade ... shot with a D300s + 105 VR, handheld, ambient light ... ISO 640, f/7.1, 1/80sec ...

20110816-DSC_2323 by rohanthakur, on Flickr

C & C welcome,
    Rohan

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done. Sharp. Loverly colors. And your title made me chuckle! I would not mind a version without the shy fly....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image. I did a double-take, thinking there was a mirror involved until my eye resolved the details. I tend to agree with Artie that the foreground fly is so beautifully focused, and so obviously the subject; the picture might be even better with him alone. Great bg and color, and I love the sharp detail of the fly against the subtle fade to oof.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rohan;

I have to agree with Artie and Ron; while the image has an amusing edge with both flies present, I think it's a much stronger image with the "shy" fly evicted...great color, great sharpness, great BG, great composition...all without needing the fly in the background. Great capture!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rohan. Your title does fit the image very well. Beautiful light, colors, and sharpness. As presented, this is a strong image - without the second fly, this becomes an outstanding image! Keep them coming!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Artie, Ron, John and Steve!

As an exercise, I shall try and get rid of the 'shy fly' ... and see what I can make of it ...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rohan, I tried cloning out the second fly and it did look good but I also like your post with the second fly, especially with your title.
    I think the 2 fly version would look better with a little more canvas on the right side.

Brendan Dozier

Great capture & composition, like the creative title and real nice IQ on this, Rohan!