Thread: What are you lookin at?

Meint Sijp

Default What are you lookin at?

Attached Images Attached Images

Created this image in Denmark. Didn't have a long enogh lense so had to crop it pretty much.

regards meint

Had some trouble finding the info, but here goes.

20D
    1-400 L IS@400mm
    ISO 200
    F5,6
    EV +0,7
    Last edited by Meint Sijp; 01-04-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Short lens or not, you need to crop this quite a bit more from the bottom to get rid of the junk in the water and the out-of-focus waves. Please include the technical data including the lens, the camera, and the exposure settings so that we can better help you. The image is sharp on the eyes and the exposure looks pretty good so you are off to a good start.

later and love, artie

ps; If you can find a place where the gulls can be attracted with bread or fish you can bring them to you...
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Meint Sijp

Hi Arthur. Sorry bout the info Had some trouble finding it. Thanks for the reply, the reson i havent cut it more is because i was afraid it woudl become to unsharp and bad to look at. But i'll se if i can find the raw shot and make it better.

regards meint sijp

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The image held up pretty well and the suggested crop would make it stronger. Please let us know at least the camera and the lens.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Meint Sijp

Hi Arthur I ifound the info and have put it on top of the photo, but i'll give here as well.

canon 20D
    1/500
    ISO200
    F5.6
    1-400@400mm
    EV -0.7
    Hope this helps you.
    regards
    meintsijp

Robert Amoruso

I agree with Artie on the additional cropping. I like the sharpness/crispness of the body and head and the blurring of the wings.