BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The guy of the balcony

This flower is one of the guys i have here on my balcony , the blue color
    came from a truck is on the road .

canon 50d
    f8
    1/160 ( ex430 II, set. 1/8+mini softbox)
    iso 400
    EF USM IS 100MM L
    Handheld

Thanks for watching .

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Kostas,
    Because the truck was so bold blue in color.....it actually competes with the flowers. I like how you got the stem and the main bloom and bud and bloom to the right don't bother me but the flower behind the main bloom does. I would have picked it out in the field.....because it is yours....but now I would take the time and remove the 2 petals sticking up above the main flower. Light looks pretty good but perhaps a bit more contrast on just the flowers to make them pop and stand out from the BG. Minor tweaks will take this up a notch.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kostas. This first thing that hits me about this image is the BLUE! Your flower is very colorful and nicely photographed, but it is being overpowered by the background - I would suggest selecting the blue and desaturating it to the point that our attention can more easily focus on the flower itself. Roman makes an interesting point about the two petals behind the main flower that you may want to consider, but it's a minor issue for me. Overall, I think taming the background will take this image up a couple notches.

Julie Kenward

I agree with the men here but I have to say if I was a young girl I'd want this on a big poster hanging on my wall - I love those highly saturated colors!