Default north carolina waterfal

Attached Images Attached Images

nikon d 300 iso 250
    m 1/8 @ 11
    18-200 mm lens

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart, Just back from 3 weeks in France. I like how the image is framed with the falls a bit off center. Good detail in the water shot on an overcast day with no harsh lighting. The only suggestion might be a small amount added to the top but otherwise well handled!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good looking shot. Concur with the suggestion for a bit more at the top. May I ask the name of this waterfalls. There are a ton here in NC I'm sure I'll never see them all.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

callasaja nc

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the way the waterfall pops; another vote for more room at the top.

If there isn't any more room at the top then I would use the Band Aid tool and carefully remove the trunks of the trees at the top RHS near the waterfall where the trunks go out of the scene. I count 5 or 6 that I would personally remove.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Stuart,
    I've been away too so sorry for the late reply! I like the framing of the greenery.....and I'm fine with the room on top but agree with Jay on the trunk removal. I have debated a cropp off the left......which would work but make the comp more square........so settled on leaving it as is. I think the light, framing, and comp turned out very nicely!

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart, perfect light for waterfall photography. The forest frames this one nicely. Well done!