Thread: Orange-billed Nightingale Thrush

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Orange-billed Nightingale Thrush

This bird was lifer the past week, but i leave my camera in house (only scoutting) ... then this monday before the sunrise i take my camera and go to search again and take a photo of this little thrush.. all day searching...many shots... one photo i like share

Canon 50D
    500 mm
    f8
    1/60
    iso 400

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Raul:

Sharp, well exposed, excellent catchlight. Nice sense of his habitat but you still managed to have the bird standout from BG. In looking at your techs, I would have been tempted to shoot at a larger f/stop to improve the isolation of the bird at bit more. Would have also given more shutter speed to work with, you did very well at 1/60s.

Good shooting angle too.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thx Randy, i take it with the bird in the shadows of trees, i not like use flash in this situation because i love the look of natural difuse ligth in shadows, the IS of lens work really good, i agreed in sttoped up the lens for less DOF

Have a good day

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely done as per Randy. You need a bit more room below the bird and kneeling down would have yielded a more intimate image.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks Arthur, your advice is always valuable, a lower angle would have given me a more diffuse background and certainly a better composition

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for having an open mind Raul; it is always best to minimize the proximal background if possible. See Why Sit Down on the Job? for more info on getting low.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arthur, i am waiting my next photo-adventure (next friday) for use "sitting down on the job" with the same bird

have a good day

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I will look forward to seeing some improved images of this handsome bird. Good luck finding it!