Thread: When the Universe Speaks

Stuart Dahne

Default When the Universe Speaks

Attached Images Attached Images

There was 12 minutes of shooting this sunrise & every image created was amazingly different, really reminding me of how incredibly valuable every minute is.
    All critiques are valued.

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark III
    Lens 17-35 f/2.8
    Exposure Time 6s (6/1)
    Aperture f/11.0
    ISO 50
    Focal Length 24mm (31.2mm in 35mm)
    Flash flash did not fire
    Exposure Program aperture priority
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Exposure Mode auto
    White Balance auto
    Color Space sRGB
    Last edited by Stuart Dahne; 01-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Robert Amoruso

Stuart,

I am really liking this image. At first I was tempted to say, move the horizon up, but I like the sky colors. In the FG the slow shutter speed created lines of surf receding towards the dock remains (looks like train tracks to me). Nice leading lines there.

I am happy with this just as you presented it. Great technique and visualization.

Hillebrand Breuker

I like it. It has a very relaxing feel over it with great colors.

Paul Marcellini

Robert covered just about everything. I like the muted tones. I dunno if it is lens distortion, curve of the earth or tilted horizon, but somethings going on there, might wanna check it. Otherwise great capture.

Paul

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I love the mood too. I lwould go with RAM's first instinct, to point the camera down a bit more thus moving the horizon up. A second choice would be the crop below. (Paul was right with the tilted horizon as I also leveled the horizon using the Ruler Tool.) For me, pointing the camera down a bit and including more foreground would have created a stronger image.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.