Thread: Wild mustangs coming to water

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild mustangs coming to water

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was taken during my wild mustang IPt last June. The bands of wild mustangs usually go to water twice a day. Here it's later afternoon and they came in a hurry. The lighting emphasized the dust they were creating. This is a cropped from a single image.

Canon 1d2, EF500mmF4IS, Gitzo & Foba, ISO 200, 1/1600 @ F5.6

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Robert,
    The dust adds a lot to this image, as pointed out. I would suggest that the upper right hand corner is a little distracting (the patch of sky that appears), and that the right side of the image is cropped a little too tight to the right-most mustang.

Having more of them catch the sidelight would have been even better. :)

Robert Amoruso

I look at this in the morning but was at work and tied up so just getting back to it now. I would agree with David. I had same thoughts on the sky and right hand crop. Didn't consider the light though.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The dust cloud definitely adds a great sense of action to these image. Agree with the suggestions by David and Robert, might even consider cropping out the last group of four altogether to provide a little room at the frame's edge.

Jason

Paul Marcellini

I don't mind the tight crop because it could give the impression this is just the beginning of a large herd.

But since you can tell from the dust that those are the last horses, I would agree for more room or crop out the four as suggested.

Must be a very cool sight though.
    Paul