ISO 400
    1/800
    f/2.8
    HH

all c/c welcome

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The sky does indeed have a great amount going on and is very colorful and dynamic. The immediate foreground I don't think is as dramatic.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Absolutely amazing sky. Mood of the impending storm is well captured/portrayed. Might try some abstracts of the sky/clouds alone, for the silhouette in the bottom is not aiding the image much.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Gary,
    Whie not the most amazing FG......I think you balanced the image well by where you placed the tree and bush and kept it to a minimum! I do wonder if you can revisit the UR dark area.....and bring out as much depth as you can in the dark greys.....that will take this up a notch further! Overall, I like the flow of color and the comp.....and while maybe not the grandest vista.......I think you did it justice and it works overall! Nicely done!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very rich sky, and whilst I agree that the foreground isn't exciting I think you have anchored the sky with it in a suitable manner without giving it too much prominence. I do agree with Roman that a little more detail drawn out of the dark sky (if possible) would enhance the image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gary, agree with comments above. Very dramatic sky and a situation I find myself in at various times. A great sky but I'm not at a place I can put it with an equally interesting foreground.
    Overall with what you were looking at you handled the scene well...

Robert Amoruso

Gary,

Even though you got the FG limited well, I feel it does not work here and going with the clouds only would have been best. Crop tool looks good to me to isolate that sky.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I played around with a few ideas but was not happy with the results. This was a quick moving storm front with all black clouds above and little time to frame it any other way and still get the bright colors.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The sky is amazing. I think you did the best you could with the foreground so I like it as presented.