Thread: Updated version of the Corkscrew Swamp video

Rod Wiley

Default Updated version of the Corkscrew Swamp video

This is an updated version of the video showing the red headed wood pecker and baby gators. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAmVDt23_I&hd=1 Thanks Rod

www.rjwileyphoto.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rod, I enjoyed your video. In the first part there are a lot of transitions that happen so fast you don't have time to see the image or video presented. Perhaps fewer shots of the elevated walkway in favor of some longer transition times. There are a few shots that might benefit from adjusting the density to better match the adjacent shots or perhaps replacing with something that's a better match, e.g. squirrel at 0:47. The music seemed to work well. I might have liked it better with lower volume on the music and accompanied by more environmental audio - "swamp sounds". Color balance looks good.

Rod Wiley

Thanks Jim, this was made for an Audubon banquet. As the guests filed in and during the meal it would loop for about an hour and a half. I have the pics go fast because the people wouldn't be watching it all the time. Thanks so much for your advice. Rod

www.rjwileyphoto.com

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rod,

I loved your video, and agree with much of what Jim wrote. You have many many beautiful images in the video and overall very nicely put together. How about a tutorial on how one puts such a video together and post it over on the DSLR video discussion forum. Perhaps that might inspire others to try making videos.

I'm also curious how many visits it took to get all the images that went into the video.

Roger

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rod, this is a beautiful collection of images, nicely presented. I assume that the boardwalk scenes were included not only for context, but to lend a sense of progression along the trail. If you intended the latter, it might be more effective if you had short clips showing actual movement along the walk.

Craig