Thread: Feb/March visit to Florida

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Feb/March visit to Florida

I may be able to visit Florida for a week or two this February or, more likely, March. Merritt Island and St. Augustine (Alligator Farm) are on the hit list so far. Any further suggestions or recommendations would be most welcome. I would love to see Reddish Egrets and Black Skimmers. I haven't been to Florida since 2002 and am very excited about the possibility of returning, this time with my camera gear! Thanks! :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

The west coast of Florida is the place to be for those species.
    Reddish Egrets can be found at Alafia Banks, Ft.Desoto, Little Estero Lagoon are the 3 best locations.

Black Skimmers can be found at the Dunedin Causeway, Gandy Bridge Beach and Ben T. Davis Beach.

Wonderful time to come to Florida!

James

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Shadle View Post
    The west coast of Florida is the place to be for those species.
    Reddish Egrets can be found at Alafia Banks, Ft.Desoto, Little Estero Lagoon are the 3 best locations.

Black Skimmers can be found at the Dunedin Causeway, Gandy Bridge Beach and Ben T. Davis Beach.

Wonderful time to come to Florida!

James
    Thank you James! Much appreciated. :)

Steve Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Liddle View Post
    I may be able to visit Florida for a week or two this February or, more likely, March. Merritt Island and St. Augustine (Alligator Farm) are on the hit list so far. Any further suggestions or recommendations would be most welcome. I would love to see Reddish Egrets and Black Skimmers. I haven't been to Florida since 2002 and am very excited about the possibility of returning, this time with my camera gear! Thanks! :)
    I visited Merritt Island last weekend and was very disappointed. Most of the ponds are dry and there were very few ducks. We did see lots of Spoonbills, Woodstorks, Tri-Colored Herons and a few Reddish Egrets.