Thread: Final Image of 2010

Roman Kurywczak

Default Final Image of 2010

Attached Images Attached Images

Still here in S Miami.....nice luxury they have here is stands by the side of the road where they sell orchids.....2 for $20.......so decided to buy my sister in law a few......of course after I got done using them! I actually went back for this lady slipper variety.....not sure what type. I ended up 2010 doing macro......so just wishing you all a great New Year photographically and stay healthy and here's to productive 2011!!
    Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights outside.....natural light 1/100 sec. at f16 and ISO 800 and the flash at minus 2/3 tripod mounted as I was holding silver reflector on RH side. If it wasn't so windy......would have went to f29!:D

Julie Kenward

Looks like you ended 2010 on a very good note! Lovely angle, comp and colors. It seems a little dark to me but I'm thinking that's the intensity of the colors that occur naturally on this variety? Really nice DOF - I think that's the hardest part of photographing orchids - they send out pieces in every direction!

Happy New Year, Roman!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely image Roman and a great way to end the year.

All the Best for 2011.

Dave

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Roman, this is a nice one to end the year on! Colors look great and the DOF looks pretty good although there are a few areas towards the edges that look a bit soft....I was surprised to see this was shot at only f16 but then I read the part about the wind and it made sense. The center seems just a touch too bright, IMHO.

Happy New Year to you, too!

Thanks for the wish for a healthy 2011 but again I'm off to a bad start. It seems that my new holiday tradition is to get the stomach flu on New Year's Eve....the exact same thing happened last year at almost exactly the same time! :(

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roman. A very cool looking orchid and very nicely photographed. I hope your family appreciated it. :)

A Happy New Year back to you and to all the BPN family!

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Roman, beautiful! Orchids are so addictive.

The orchid is a Paphiopedilum variety - maybe "Raisin Expectations" I'm no orchid expert, but I have a good guide on the many varieties of them.

Happy New Year

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

this guy looks in my monitor like i can tuch him , verry alive image , i love it well done !!!