Thread: Snow, Snow, Snow

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snow, Snow, Snow

Well, it has been snowing here since Sunday and is still snowing. I did manage to get out today for a few fresh images. Here is one from the Holland River, located about 15 minutes from my home.

Nikon D200
    80-400 VR lens @ 160mm (effective 240mm)
    ISO 200
    f16 @ 1/60 sec.

Look forward to comments.

Name:  Holland-River_1023.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  196.2 KB

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andrew, I like the fact you captured detail in the snow also using the river as a LL. For my taste I like images that are simpler and I find the trees in the backround are very busy with no place for the eye to rest.
    I took the image into PS and played with it and found there is a slight bluish caste to the image...

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default snow snow snow

hi Andrew I, in part, agree with Dave:the image has two parts:the upper,the lowest. In this case, IMHO, better one :the upper with ttress and branches is fascinared for contrast white-dark, while the lowest has few interest. Crop it. I'll see the further comments, whether they agree or not.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Andrew,
    Sorry for the late reply but still running around at night in Arches. I agree with Dave that the image overall seems a bit on the cyan side?.....I happen to like blue....and it does convey the sense of cold but perhaps pulloing back a touch will do the trick. I also agree with Dave on the trees in the BG....I tried the "browser" crop and find that I prefer this as a pano with most of the BG removed. Just some thoughts for you to try out.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for comments guys, very much appreciated. Now that you mention it I can see the cyan cast - will fix that up. I'll try a few crops to see what I like. Thanks again.