Sharpness: Low
    Contrast: Low
    Color profile: ProPhoto RGB

Critiques and suggestions appreciated.

Rob...............

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rob, Nice view with the trees anchoring the sides.
    A few things. I would crop the top down to the larger mass of dark leaves on the left and would have included more of the tree on the left.
    I would take out the small clipped rock on the lower rt. Finally the flat light isn't helping the image and would have tried to take this when the light was warmer(early or late)

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Rob,
    Dave nailed my crop suggestions as well as the rock on the LL. I too agree with the light suggestion.....those light situations will make the most of a very difficult place to photograph.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rob, I agree with the previously mentioned suggestions. Looks like a fabulous location.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rob, if you have Nik Viveza, you can put control points on the mountains only and the sky only, and cause them to pop or whatever else you might want to do.

With the mountains, for example, I would put one control point directly in the center and set the circumference to just encompass the rocks. After you have the main rocks the way you want you simply duplicate the control point and move the duplicate to cover another portion of the rocks. As you move the duplicate point you will see the rocks change. Simply make the circle smaller as the rocks image narrows.

Same for the sky.

Sometime I have 20 or more duplicate control points to cover a particularly long narrow area.

Works a charm!
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cool place just need a few tweaks as suggested

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Slice of the Grand Colorado

Hey, Jay I wanted to say Thanks for your comments on this picture. I downloaded Viviza 2 today to see what I can accomplish.

A week ago, you had a thread that asked, "What do you do when you have umteen thousand shots and seem lost as to why you should keep taking them." I am retired, 71yrs old and fast accumulating pictures. Although I don't join clubs, sell photos, or enter compatitions I maintain my enthusiam by shooting a given scene or bird many, many times - seeking that majical moment. I quess that it would be more fun is I had an interested partner to share with, but as long as BPN puts up with me I have a forum.

Rember only you can take a picture of that majical moment. I hope you do and I look forward to you sharing it with us. I look forward to your travel tales, pictures and comments.

Rob....................

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Slice of the Grand Colorado

SORRY FOLKS - MONITOR IS GOING DOWN. Will resubmit later.

Rob.............