Thread: Getting Ready Quickly....

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Getting Ready Quickly....

Attached Images Attached Images

I was just getting out of the car with the IPT group and was in the process of setting up the 800. I saw a single crane flying right at us into an empty corn field. I shouted "incoming." I got the lens on the tripod, turned the camera on, switched to Manual (exposure) mode, guessed the the right early morning light exposure, got the lens on the bird, and made five images just as the bird landed at just the right distance :) All were sharp. I added canvas and one primary tip left.

Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS lens with the EOS-1D Mark IV. ISO 400: 1/1600 at f/5.6. Central sensor rear focus AF.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

(My only wish is for a bit more separation between the end of the bill and the dark border of the secondaries on the far wing.)
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.