Thread: Brazil Iguazu Falls Series

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brazil Iguazu Falls Series

Attached Images Attached Images

Continuation of the series: Misty image, leading back to 0ne of the many tributaries. Thks for looking.
    Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 2
    Av( Aperture Value ) 22.0
    Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
    Exposure Compensation +2/3
    ISO Speed 200
    Auto ISO Speed OFF
    Lens EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
    Focal Length 95.0mm 7d =152mm

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Don, Love the composition it leads the viewers eye nicely thru the frame from the top to the bottom, I thought the image looked a little flat so I darken the black values just a tad in curves which kept the upper half of the image misty and added contrast to the falls.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey, Don, thks, amazing as i had selectively lighten the rocks; however i do like the adjusted black level. Just tried it! Thks don
    Last edited by Don Hamilton Jr.; 10-27-2010 at 08:17 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very powerful image, like the way the water goes though the image

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Don,
    At first I wasn't sure about the upper rapids.....tried a crop didn't like it and feel because you have a bit of room up top that it was fine. I couldn't put my finger on it but Don Lacy's tweak did it for me.....that extra bit of contrast without affecting the mist on the upper part really helped lead the eye through the scene. Very nicely composed and the little tweak by DOn went a long way......so very good job overall!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don, Interesting angle which takes you through the image.At first when I looked at it wasn't quite sure if I liked the cut falls then it started to grow on me. Don's tweak added the contrast needed. I like the misty backround and water detail.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice job I love the slight mist. The brightness in the center of the image bugs me a bit. I am wondering if this would be better split into two images or just cutting the falls off altogether. I am thinking from the top of the image to the top of the falls would be one image and from the top of the falls to the bottom of the falls would be another. I am a little bothered by the fact that you cannot see the bottom of the falls. Either way, beautiful place and I am sure you shot a bunch of angles and compositions... TFS.

Robert Amoruso

Nick brought up some interesting points. I am not to keen on the BG in the image and like a crop along the upper third of the image. That and a lower view of the lower falls would have been my preferred composition. Again Don, others like the flow of water in the OP which I agree is strong so that is not to say your approach is better or worst than another such as I suggested.

I like DOn's tweak but also suggest local contrast enhancement (USM on BG Copy at 20/50/0) as a why to cut some of the mist (but does not get rid of it) to strength contrast throughout the image.