Thread: Another Sandhill Crane sequence

Fred J. Lord

Default Another Sandhill Crane sequence

Attached Images Attached Images

I actually shot this and assembled it in November, 2006. My question is: Should I remove the cranes in the foreground? What are your opinions on this modification? I know some abhor altering images while others go about it with enthusiasm.

Thanks for your time and expertise in this.

Well, again I am being denied the full 1024px width allowance for panoramic images. I am posting it at 800px but that is probably a waste of time for an image of this sort. I will repost at the proper size when the problem (whether mine or theirs) is resolved.

Fred

Maxis Gamez

Hello Fred.

To answer your question.... yes! get them out of the way of the landing Crane. This is awesome!

Fred J. Lord

Default Hey, it can't hurt!

Thanks: I had sent this to Art Morris and he said the same thing. I will work on it tomorrow if it's too cold to ski.

Fred

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great sequence and I concur on getting rid or the FG cranes.....

Robert Amoruso

Fred,

Yes on removing the two FG cranes. The posting limit was temporarily lowered as we where not able to give the Pano forum the longer posting limit w/o it being applied to all the other forums. That will be corrected and the posting limit increased. Even at 800p wide it looks real nice.

Fred J. Lord

Default Thank you, I should have been more alert to the problem.

Attached Images Attached Images

Well, here it is with the FG birds deleted. This, incidentally, was shot at 3 fps with the 1D Mark II, 500mm f/4 + 1.4X TC II on a Gitzo 1325 with 1st generation Wimberley head. You most probably recognize the Flight Deck impoundment area in Bosqué del Apache. The sun was about 15 minutes from setting.