BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Purple Haze

1/60s, f/10.0, ISO 200

Equipment:
    Canon40D, Sigma 180mm f3.5 HSM Macro, Manfrotto
    Post Process:
    Level adjust, Unsharp mask sharpening, Vibrancy adjustment.

Photographed on a cloudy day. Intention was to get this beautiful flower with enough details without loosing the BG. Thanks for your comments and critics.
    Last edited by Prashant Adkoli; 09-20-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Image is not displayed. This is from flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/padkoli/4995095852/

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Prashant, to have images from Flickr show here, you have to click on the 'share this' drop-down menu and get the BBCode. They give you a bunch of text to copy but you only need to copy the section that starts with [img] and ends with [/img]

I think this has too much empty space on the top so I would crop a bunch from there and maybe a little from the right so you can move the flower closer to one of the ROT positions. I also think you could have gone with a slightly smaller aperture without wrecking the nice BG. The flower is close to being completely sharp and it wouldn't have taken much more to get it all in focus. A few modifications and you could end up with a wonderful shot! :)
    Last edited by Ken Childs; 09-20-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Prashant,
    Welcome to the forum! I agree with Ken's assesment......getting this one tighter would make this much stronger. Thanks for the tip on flicker uploads Ken too!