Thread: Canna Leaf after Polar Coordinates and Glowing Edges

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Canna Leaf after Polar Coordinates and Glowing Edges

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 7D, Sigma 150, f11, 1/30, ISO 400, tripod, full width cropped square.

PP: Removed a few blemishes on leaf, Polar coordinates, Linear Burn blend, Glowing edges, Linear Dodge blend.

I can't quite get worked out Denise's instructions on how to mask, rotate and resolve what is usually an ugly verticle line that PC produces where the two sides of the image come together. So, I tried a starting image where the two sides might look interesting without masking.

Previewing the image here, it appears to me that it needs more vibrance. Anyway, CC most welcome.
    Douglas Bolt
    DougBoltPhotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doug,

Not sure what the problem is, but since you say you squared it ... Was that after or before you ran the PC filter? To get it to be close, you need to have the image squared prior to running the filter, you can best do this by adjusting the image size in PS to be square. There may/will still be adjustments to be made if the joint line does not line up. Based on the image I see, I suspect you ran the full image through the PC filter and then cropped it square. ????

Keep trying, it can be frustrating but when you get it right you will have fun with the filter. ;)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Mark.

No, I squared it in Bridge before applying any filters. The original leaf, before cropping and after cropping, can be found here - http://dbolt.smugmug.com/Photography...04655600_AgwqQ
    The PC version before the GE filter can also be seen there.

I agree that these filters are both frustrating, but fun. And, once in a great while, the results can pass for creative, at least with me at the wheel.
    Douglas Bolt
    DougBoltPhotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Really cool looking effect. Doug, Sometimes the image can't be rotated to do the mask and this one looks like one of the ones that can't. I think you did a very good job w/ the seams and came up with an original look.:)