Thread: Green Heron

Rich Ikerd

Default Green Heron

Attached Images Attached Images

This guy kept trying to steal the show from the horde of spoonbills that was in the same pond. But he never really got totally out of the shade so I'm not sure if this is a keeper or not.

D2X, 200-400VR w/1.4TC @ 550mm, f/6.3 @ 1/160sec, iso 400
    Minor cloning to remove an intrusive branch

Axel Hildebrandt

Great light and pose. Too bad about the shadows on the chest. I would crop a bit off the top since the very dark parts of the BG don't add to the image. If you clone, you could clone out the stick at the bottom.

Gary "Jake" Jacobson

Beautiful light on the bird, but the shadow is distracting.

Fabs Forns

Very nicely composed, Rich. Agree on the shadow and taking some off the top.

Nice to see you actively participating :)

Maxis Gamez

Hey Rich,

What a lovely light you have here. The stick in the foreground is taking away from your main subject. I don't mind the partial shadow in the Heron. Sometimes we hurry to get a photograph and we overlook little things like that and you get people like me telling you all about it :). If you clone that out should make your subject stronger in frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

^ ^ Funny how opinions differ, but I don't mind the that foreground stick while the shadow I find distracting LOL. I would also trim some of the top out. Great light you had - and perfect exposure!