Thread: corrmorant river calder

Forum Participant christopher galeski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default corrmorant river calder

Attached Images Attached Images

took this shot on my local river the other day,cannon 50d,400mm cannon prime lens,iso800,f5/6,400 sec shutter speed,sharpened,and removed blu ball in BG,IN PS.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the soft light, the SH, and the pose with the perfect head angle to match. Some careful work to eliminate the several light areas in the BKGR would make this very loverly indeed.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Christopher, Coromorants are one of my favorite birds and not always easy to capture with detail in the blacks. You surely got that right here and I really like the detail in the feet; can feel it balancing on that rock.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the pose and details and the feet gripping the log. The lighter vegetation in the bg is a little distracting.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks for your comments,Artie did what you said about the light bits in the BKGR,and it improved it thanks,Jim, the bird is stood on a smooth rock,and thanks for your comments,Katie I was happy with the blacks and how the feet turned out as well .thanks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Chris, YAW. We would love to see a repost :)
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

this is the repost Artie,not perfect,,but a bit better,than first post.thanks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Chris and it is better. I see your repost and raise you a few purple flowers covered up plus some selective sharpening. :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I did not mind the purple flowers,I see that you have sharpened the head,the beak is a shade lighter to mine,and eye is a tad sharper,thanks for your advise Artie.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

YAW. I generally like flowers but at least in the JPEG they look like distracting light areas. Your call of course.