Thread: Cathedral Rocks

Scott A. Flaherty

Default Cathedral Rocks

Nikon D700, Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8, 1/15 sec, f/16, 38mm
    Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5

Robert Amoruso

Scott,

I really like this. Excellent painterly quality to it due to the soft, low-contrast light. Plus clouds in the sky. I like the great reflection as well.

The only thin I would have asked for here is on the left side the tree that exist the frame at its bottom - would have liked to see all of it in the image.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Scott,
    When I first opened the image.....my thoughts echoed Robert's! I've been to the location myself.....so you did very well eliminating tree distractions and clutter! Remember......comments on the left tree are not a deal breaker by any stretch.....just may have been nicer to have it in although that may have introduced more unwanted stuff. Excellent shot overall!

Robert Amoruso

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Hey Scott,
    When I first opened the image.....my thoughts echoed Robert's! I've been to the location myself.....so you did very well eliminating tree distractions and clutter! Remember......comments on the left tree are not a deal breaker by any stretch.....just may have been nicer to have it in although that may have introduced more unwanted stuff. Excellent shot overall!
    I agree, the left edge tree comment is not a deal breaker as Roman says.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Scott, good job on this with soft,appealing light. I like the tree as a strong anchor on the left with the other trees framing the rock somewhat. Normally I might want more of the tree on the left but as stated it could bring in more information than is necessary.(wouldn't know unless I saw it) Overall, well handled!!