Thread: Canon

Meesh Fink

Default Canon's Red Tones

To preface, my PP skills are still developing :). I have some red roses in the garden, and in post they look toooo red to me. If I desaturate, the edges turn an odd magenta shade. I also am having trouble reproducing pinks that look true to their original color.

Here is a sample of a red, developed from RAW in LR II. That rose does have a magenta center, this was as close as I could get to the natural color, which is quite vivid but not THAT vivid. Photo is taken in directional morning light.

This is a pink, and I am not sure why the edges are so magenta shaded.

Any help to slightly tame the reds and pinks would be appreciated! :o I am not sure if it's a problem to solve in post, or if it is an exposure issue.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Meesh Fink; 06-22-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: hit enter unintentionally!

Alfred Forns

Hi Meesh All digital cameras will over do the reds, all you need to do is to desaturate the reds. Can go to saturation, select the red channel and drop a few points. btw once you do might notice more detail also!

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Meesh,
    The red flower is a little saturated in the red channel. How was it when you made the image? Many cameras have light meters with peak sensitivity in the green resulting in saturation of reds and blues. On my cameras, I have all 3 color channel histograms on display so I can check the exposure for each channel.

Roger