Thread: Ducks Mach I at Sunset

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ducks Mach I at Sunset

Attached Images Attached Images

Image was created last night when I was out for a Sunset shoot. They flew by at breakneck mach I speed. Image resized, usm sharpened and noise reduced in Neat image. Ducks halo edges removed using darkened clone tool.
    Canon 40D. 100-400L at 330mm.
    iso 400, f/6.3, 1/800sec. Spot metering :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bill, These are mergansers. I would rataehr see them as full SILHs. Just go into levels and move the SH slider to the right until the birds go black. Fairly sharp with good wing positions but would rather see them parallel to you or coming a bit towards you then going away.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie. Thanks for taking a look and for the critique. It is an honor to have you do that for me. I have 10 images in focus in burst mode with only two at my parellel before they are going away. I almost fell over trying to get the final few images before they left. I didnt know whether to make SILH's out of them or leave the little bit of whites there. Thanks again, bf

Blake Shadle

Hi, Bill. Good work on making this image. I'd also like to see these guys as full sillhouettes. The color of the sky is very nice, and you captured pleasing wing positions. Not to sound like a broken record, but having the birds a little more parallel to the image plane would add a lot to this one. Keep up the good work!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Blake, I will definitely keep that in mind for future outings!

Judy Lynn Malloch

Pretty lighting in this image Bill and good timing. I echo the above comments Many thanks for sharing.