Thank You Posts

Default flying backwards

Attached Images Attached Images

nikon d300 iso 400
    m 1/1650@6
    70-200mm t/c 1.4

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely one of your better crops and comp...like the clouds in the BG and the wing position showing the topside details....wish that he was coming at you and closer....good focusing considering you had the TC on...maybe a slight contrast adjustment to bring out more feather details and a little warmer color....nice job on the flight shot Stuart

Alfred Forns

Excellent image Stuart I go by feel more than anything else and this has it !!! Just wish it was mine !!!!

Great critique by Ken. slight contrast increase could give you a little boost, nothing fancy just go to the curves dialog box and use one of the presets first. Temp wise I sort of like it the way it is but its a mater of feel !

Something you can't do much with except later in PS (if you wish) is having a little more cloud by the head, would look better not having the head at the transition of cloud/sky !! Mighty fine Stuart !!!

..... forgot to mention... one of the keys for making this image is the proper light !!! Best would be some cloud cover filtering the sun and beautiful skies up front as shown, with harsh light/dim light you will be unable to make this image !!! Harsh you need to stop down and the sky would look dark the with dim you would blow out the pretty sky by having to over expose for the bird !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart, I like the image very much and feel you have nice light ,detail,wing position and clouds defined in the backround.The only preference I have is the head to be angled more to the left...

Lance Peters

Hi Stuart - a little different - Like it a lot!!
    For me maybe just a tad more room at the top - feels just that little bit tight - just personal taste.
    Excellent!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

repost with increase contrast

Alfred Forns

... looks good just a subtle change !!!