Thread: Are you my mommy?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Are you my mommy?

Attached Images Attached Images

D90; 80-400 Vr @ 116mm. ISO 1000. f/7.1, 1/500s. -1.0 EV. Large crop: 40% of FF as posted.

Started to label this "Sealed with a kiss", but they're sea lions. The pup (on the left) was basking on the lava rocks when the adult popped out of the sea right next to the pup, and exchanged a sweet greeting. Following up on the interesting thread about cropping, (see Desmond's gull image yesterday), this is more than I would usually like to crop, but I thought the story was better if I cropped tight to the heads. Should have zoomed with the lens, of course, but this happened very quickly and I didn't respond fast enough. C&C appreciated.

Alfred Forns

Excellent Bill .. this is one of those instances you want the best performing camera and will make a difference !!! Love the interaction and overall look !!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Bill, the large crop,to my eye,hasn't done any major loss of detail. I say that not knowing what it would look like close in without the crop. The story telling is good here and makes the image!

Lance Peters

Hi Bill - love the interaction - a tender moment.
    Like this as presented -and thanks for including the fact that it is a large crop.
    Excellent!!

Ann Fiske

Love it! I think mom was keeping her eye on you. :)

ann

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill -Really like this image and the interaction. I rarely got sea lions with their eyes open.

TFS,
    Rachel