Thread: Moss on apple tree

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Moss on apple tree

Attached Images Attached Images

i think this is moss??? hopefully it is!
    canon 40D 100mm macro 2.8 (which keeps giving me an error 01 btw, dirty contacts or something, any suggestions?)
    1/8th @f8 ISO 200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Moss or lichen?? Whatever, it makes for a nice composition. I would have prefered to crop the image to exclude the branching bits in the corner and little less of tree branch.

Tony Kirkby

Very nice Edward. I agree about the crop, particularly along the bottom edge but very nice as is and great bg

Mike Moats

Hey Edward, I like the image and would agree on a crop off the bottom and maybe a slight crop on the left. I would have liked to seen some more depth of field on the moss and bring it all in focus as it the main interest.

JH Tugs

Quote Originally Posted by edward saltau View Post
    100mm macro 2.8 (which keeps giving me an error 01 btw, dirty contacts or something, any suggestions?)
    1/8th @f8 ISO 200
    *nod* I have that lens and love it! As I recall, the 'solution' to Error 01 is to clean the lens contacts.

ETA: I just checked the 40D manual, and it looks like the screen should tell you what the error means - the example in the manual is Error 01: "Communication between the camera and the lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts".
    Last edited by JH Tugs; 03-03-2008 at 08:36 AM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks for the tip guys. i will have a play with it tonight and see if i can improve it!
    as for cleaning the lens contacts, they look perfectly clean? absolutely perfect. I went over them with an eraser but they don't look any different. any ideas?