Thread: Territorial aggression

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Territorial aggression

Attached Images Attached Images

D90 70-200VR+2X@400 1/2500 f5.6 ISO640 0EV monopod

It is mating and nesting and hatching time for avocets and stilts at a nearby marsh. This morning I watched fascinated as about a dozen of them quarreled over nests, chicks and whatever else upsets them at this time. I made many other images, but I like this one of an agitated avocet best.

Wendell

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the action captured here, all the water and mud droplets around the bird sure help with the action. The eye seem to be in focus, nicely done during an action shot. Just wish the mud droplets didn't intersect the head too near to the eye and the OOF rock in the foreground wasn't there.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wendell:

Great sense of action here, looks pretty worked up. Thanaboon did a nice job on the critique, and I agree about the rock, and wish the head was just a bit more visible. Of the two, I think the rock is the most important. You can tone down its luminosity to help a bit.

Must have been great fun!

Cheers

Randy

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action captured, and nicely frozen! The mud drops ceratinly add an unsual element combined with the water drops. I can just here the whole thing splashing back down:) Too bad about the FG rock as it is rather distracting, and I feel the image is perhaps a tad light overall.