Thread: A softer sunset

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A softer sunset

Another Mara sunset but not as brilliant colours as some of the others, it was actually the first taken on this particular trip.
    Techs; 7D; EF24-85mm @ 35mm; f11; 1/250; ISO 400
    Last edited by Hilary Hann; 05-15-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Trigger happy and forgot to attach the photo

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the image … I hope!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost

Hi Hilary, Nice composition with the trees well placed making for nice silhouettes. Just enough base with a dramatic sky.
    I kicked the color up a bit so you could see another presentation. Good job...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dave. Our minds must run on the same lines as this is almost identical to the image I had before I toned it down a little. I like both, thanks for taking the time to repost.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My pleasure Hilary. Keep up the good work!

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Hilary,
    Still out on my tour so I won't have time right now to take a crack at it......while I like how Dave opened up the lower right tree area....not sure I like the added warmth to the blues in the sky. I would also try to brign out the rays as much as possible. I am also debating the highlights in the UR? I know the sun does blow them out during such situations....any chance there is more in there you can bring out? I ask because many times while PP'ing similar images I have to be careful....even when I do curves or levels....not to touch that area otherwise it tends to get more blown out.....make sense? I really like the way you composed this overall and the pano crop was a perfect choice as it further emphasizes the tree and rays! Very nicely done!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roman, appreciate the advice and I'll see what I can find by going back a step in pp'ing. Thanks.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice composition, tree's and clouds really make the image. Maybe tone down the highlights as Roman suggested

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've done a little work on it but I may have to start from scratch. :confused: