Thread: High Key Poppy

Roman Kurywczak

Default High Key Poppy

Attached Images Attached Images

Another from the other day when I bought the flowers. Decided the poppy would make a nice high key image. Did it with and w/o the bud. Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro....overexposed 2 stops at f11 and 1/80 sec. at ISO 800 and the MT24 twin flash at +2 outdoors, hand held, sky BG. Desaturated yellows and reds in post.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is an over-the-top Poppy! I believe you wrote earlier that you do minimal post processing, yet this looks like something was done to the colors and the details. It works for me. I love the bright colors, the composition, the attitude of both flower and bud. And, I'm a big fan of white BGs.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice high-key image, Roman. Love how the bright colors look against the white BG. Nice composition and details. I like the inclusion of the bud but feel like it competes a little with the flower for attention so I might try lightening it just a tad.
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like this a lot as is but might like it even better if the bud were on the other side of the flower, maybe facing the other direction. That way the flower would be facing into the frame. With the white BG, it should be really easy to move things around. :)

Mike Moats

Hey Roman, nice sharp details and looks like a illustration. Great color.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Roman, Very nice details and the Poppy bud facing the other way really makes this special to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular. The high key works perfectly here. Thanks Denise for the link to Macro; there are many great images here. I may have to try my hand at some flowers....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.