Thread: Miami Herald Article on Vultures in Glades' Appetite for Car Parts

Michael Pancier

Default Miami Herald Article on Vultures in Glades' Appetite for Car Parts

Read it here

If they had read our posts here years ago, they'd have known this. Man the MSM is slow

Judd Patterson

Thanks for sharing that link Michael. It was intrigued by the comment that Black Vultures couldn't smell well, so I had to research. I knew that Turkey Vultures had an excellent sense of smell, but sure enough, Black Vultures really can't smell...they usually follow Turkey Vultures to carrion that they can't see.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting The recommondation is plastic bags? to scare the vultures Hmmm:D

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yea, right after $ 917 dollars in damages to my yukon, plastic bags.... hey if they are chewing thru tarps; I doubt this will work for very long at all. In the mean time... i still say the best one is a DEAD ONE!!:D
    Don

Michael Pancier

Before they strung up the dead buzzards, I had simply put a sheet over the roof to cover the sun roof and it worked. But stringing them up seems to work the best. I did not see any buzzards at anhinga the last few times. it seems to have chased them away to other areas of the park which is fine by me.

Alfred Forns

Met the lady doing the article Mike ! She was doing her work and gathering lots of info !!