Thread: Adobe PS5 new features

Rene A

Default Adobe PS5 new features

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty cool stuff!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

However, I wonder where this is all going? I can see the need to be able to drastically and quickly modify an image at the behest of the customer if you are on a production line in an ad agency for example. And this is likely the market Adobe is targeting with innovations like content-aware fills. But for bird/wildlife/landscape/macro photography such as is exposéd here at BPN, features like this may have limited value as we strive to make it right in the camera as much as possible and edge towards the photo-journalism, minimalist approach to post-processing. Or have I got this latter statement completely wrong?

Richy Mather

This is probably the first version of PS since CS that I actually see a real business case to upgrade to. I'm not normally a toy junkie (despite what my wife may think!) and something really has to sell itself to me, if what I have seen about CS5 is right its easily worth the money. However, if I wasn't earning money from my shooting I probably wouldn't. I don't heavily doctor my images but I shot one wedding where the officiant and couple decided on a venue with an orange plastic fence in the background. Being able to easily remove that would have been awesome. If it cuts down my computer time and therefore increases my family and shooting time then great!
    I'm no great birder but I would guess lightroom is probably the most useful tool for you all (and for me most of the time). The only thing I can think of is when you have a small branch in front of a bird you want to remove, it would make it easier and quicker.

Alfred Forns

Good points Richy !!

John you bring an interesting point and keeps getting more interesting !!!! Every year we are getting the ability to do more to the images and at some point more will be accepted, change is inevitable. Still I think the goal for years to come will be getting the image right out of the camera.

Same with the increase in sensor size, I can afford to crop more (more MP) but still doing the same ratio as before, just does not feel right.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Chardine View Post
    we strive to make it right in the camera as much as possible and edge towards the photo-journalism, minimalist approach to post-processing. Or have I got this latter statement completely wrong?

I agree a 100%. I could not have said it better.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post

John you bring an interesting point and keeps getting more interesting !!!! Every year we are getting the ability to do more to the images and at some point more will be accepted, change is inevitable. Still I think the goal for years to come will be getting the image right out of the camera.
    Wonderful point. I see so many new photograhers with sloppy technique who "will fix the problems later in the computer." When film was prevelant, some were much more careful before pressing the shutter.