Thread: Abstract Brown Pelican

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Abstract Brown Pelican

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS-1D Mk II, 500mm f/4L + 1.4xII, 1/30, f/8, ISO 50
    About 60% of Full Frame

This image was made last February at Little Estero.

I'm a bit hesitant to post this one but this seems like the perfect forum to get some good, honest feedback on this image. I was experimenting with blurs and came up with this one just as the pelican hit the water after a fish.
    What do you think?

Looking forward to your comments and critiques !
    Last edited by Mike Milicia; 01-03-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it (but as you know I am a huge fan of blurs...) My favorite part of the image is the splash. The way the bird has its body arranged, however, does not make sense to my mind. Let's see what others think. I do think that this one is definitely Out of the Box.

Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Fabs Forns

Action is evident and to the max. What makes this for me, is the splash and the color and texture of the water and the way light is shinning on it :)

Jay Tan

I like the action, the splash and colors. But it'll be even better for me if at least the clear form of entire bird is apparent.

Judd Patterson

Very interesting shot, Mike. I like the splash as well, but I honestly wouldn't have known what bird species without your information. A bit more definition on the pelican would have been nice...but it fits the "Out of the Box" forum perfectly. :)