Thread: Red winged blackbird at what he does best

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red winged blackbird at what he does best

40D. 400 f5.6 at f/7.1. iso 320. 1/640s. exp. comp 0 as I was worried about blowing the red channel.

Spring is definitely here. These guys have suddenly become very jumpy. I have cropped this from horizontal. Had no idea he will look down and start screaming. Vertical would have better to capture more of the perch below. I think a little from top can go but I did not want to crop further. Would have preferred a better HA as well.

All critiques welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

KD,

I like the image as it is. A perfect representation of RWBB habitat with wonderful background. Exposure is perfect too. IMO vertical twigs added a lot to this image. Excellent image.

On a second thought, may be crop a lib from the right and added a little more to the left ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kaustubh:

Interesting colors, small in frame subject well placed, enjoy the branches although I wish there weren't so many in front of his body. The reds on his epaulets look a bit hot on my monitor.

I can almost hear him calling. Still snow and ice here, but a bit of a thaw going on. Can only hope!

Cheers

Randy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose and great inclusion of the habitat with beautiful multicoloured background bleeding into each other. No nits here.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Every rule has an exception, and the branches on this image do not make clutter at all.
    Even without the bird this would be a fine image. Other than the comments above,
    I would add that I'd clone out the little leaf in the URH corner. Very nice image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kaustubh, I like the "screaming" pose, and you have brought out the blacks nicely. Good to see how he's holding onto the grasses.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thx everyone for all the comments and suggestions. I posted another RWBB today...hope you like that one too.