Thread: Egmont Island - iR

Michael Pancier

Default Egmont Island - iR

Shot of the shoreline on the NW coast of Egmont Island, just off Fort de Soto. It was very cloudy the day I was there. Not enough contrast for IR, but I tried it anyway with hope that I would be able to work on it on the computer. I tried everything but was not happy with the results. I then tried Topaz Adjust 4 which just came out, and the drama setting, really helped to bring out the details in what an otherwise muddy image. it looks more like traditional B&W rather than IR, so what the heck.

Deep IR Converted 20d + 10-22 Canon
    1/20
    f/16
    ISO 100

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Michael, Very nicely composed image. I like how the water line is coming out from the left and wraps the land. The sky adds alot of drama to the image also. I used some levels adj on the image since it seemed a bit flat. I also took out the caste and cropped a small amount off the top.

Dan Wolin

I have always been fascinated with trying IR and never have. I really like this and it works for me. Gives a nice dreamy feel to this scene. The clouds have some nice impact as well.

Michael Pancier

david, I like the difference the level adjustments made. which adjusts did you make? I'm gonna try them.

thanks.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael, Only one...auto levels. Sometimes it works great other times it doesn't. In this case it did everything I wanted it to....

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    Michael, Only one...auto levels. Sometimes it works great other times it doesn't. In this case it did everything I wanted it to....
    maybe I should try it for fun. Don't think I've ever had it work.
    Thanks

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Michael,
    Nice comp and use of the IR.....you may also want to try a bit of dodging/burning on the fronds......just to give them the bit of seperation from the sky more.....will make a big impact. Like Dave's tweak too!

Robert Amoruso

Like the comp on this one a lot Michael. I would suggest the High Pass Filter LCE that I did on the other image you posted.