Thread: Spider with Lunch

adcolon

Default Spider with Lunch

Attached Images Attached Images

This is a Salticidae Sp. Spider at the University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens. The fly/lunch species in not known.

Canon XTi, Canon MP-65 with macro flash, ISO 100, f/11 at 1/250 sec., handheld.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi (??? You didn't post your name),
    Very nice action/nature story in this one. I just wish that you had more DOF for my tastes. By using a higher ISO, around 400, you would been able to go up to f22 handheld. At f16 and the same ISO, your BG would also be a little lighter and not black. You may be able to pull it up with Shadow/highlight in that area. Some people also don't like the multiple flashes in the eye but since I use the same flash.........most of the time it doesn't bother me. Great choice of specimen and action.
    Roman

Robert O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Hi (??? You didn't post your name),
    Very nice action/nature story in this one. I just wish that you had more DOF for my tastes. By using a higher ISO, around 400, you would been able to go up to f22 handheld. At f16 and the same ISO, your BG would also be a little lighter and not black. You may be able to pull it up with Shadow/highlight in that area. Some people also don't like the multiple flashes in the eye but since I use the same flash.........most of the time it doesn't bother me. Great choice of specimen and action.
    Roman

Very good critique Roman.

I wouldnt recomment S/H though, it sometimes kills the mid tone contrast and make is look flat and "muddy".

I believe the OP's name is A.D. Colon, bu tno idea what the initials stand for.

Robert

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot with some interesting action going on!
    Just enough DOF where it counts and when you would sharpen this just a tad more i think you have a wonderful shot!

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Mike Moats

Hey adcolon, very cool image, great details where it counts.