Thread: Courthouse Towers

Roman Kurywczak

Default Courthouse Towers

Attached Images Attached Images

Difficult one to paint as it is huge:eek:. First attempt was ruined by passing car. Canon Mark 3 with a 17-40mm lens set at 17mm. ISO 100 for 1 hr. Minor crop off the bottom bright spots.
    Comments always welcomed and appreciated,
    Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
    www.roaminwithroman.com

Alfred Forns

I just plain like it Roman Never have tried anything like it Love the end effect Not sure about the far away formation Might like it better without it !!!

john crookes

Roman is this a series of shots that are stiched or a continious photograph over a period of time.

The reason I ask is that there are so many out there recomending the series of photos and then blending them together. in those you see little tiny breaks in the trails like dots and I see some here but I am not sure if it is because of jpeg compression or other

Anyways I love the effect and you have the perfect backdrop for the effects as I can not think of a better locale for this than Arches

Congrats

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Roman,
    How much time (and at what point in the exposure) do you devote to painting with the flashlight?

Roman Kurywczak

Default Painting

Quote Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
    Roman,
    How much time (and at what point in the exposure) do you devote to painting with the flashlight?
    Hey David,
    I don't remember the exact amount of time as I do test exposures and don't write it down............but I'm pretty sure it was 4 minutes after locking the shutter release. Went back to the warmth of the car and a nap for the remaining 55 minutes.
    Roman

Robert Amoruso

I like the dark monolith in the BG. Sets off the light painted monolith well.

Roman Kurywczak

Default Single image

Quote Originally Posted by john crookes View Post
    Roman is this a series of shots that are stiched or a continious photograph over a period of time.

The reason I ask is that there are so many out there recomending the series of photos and then blending them together. in those you see little tiny breaks in the trails like dots and I see some here but I am not sure if it is because of jpeg compression or other

Anyways I love the effect and you have the perfect backdrop for the effects as I can not think of a better locale for this than Arches

Congrats
    Hi John,
    Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier.....single shot.......the breaks are from the compression.
    Arches is almost perfect for this,
    Roman

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it as is. The painting of the foreground makes it standout and the star trails are great.