Thread: 300VR and female Marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default 300VR and female Marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus)

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi to everyone. This is what I call a strongly cropped photograph, I removed about 66% of the original file, and a good example about why I love so much the Nikkor 300VR. Here I used the 1,4XTC and the quality and performance of this lens can be seen here very well. The small pixel size on the D2X sensor helps here to get a lot of details. I am at the office right now and I do not have the full exif data for this photograph but will post later when I arrive at home. By the way, I can remember that my combo was wide open at f4. I am very happy with my D2X but after the arrival of the D3 and D300 I can feel that my NAS is bringing to life once more time....
    This female is from the south of Spain in the nearby of Parque Nacional de Doñana (Huelva)
    Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR+1,4XTC, handheld from my car, cropped

Art Peslak

too bad about the shadows under the bird. nothing better than the 300 2.8 (nikon or canon) for flight shots

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice capture, Juan. I like the blue bg and the look at you from the bird. The shadows are a bit overpowering.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.