Thread: Goosander

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Goosander

Hi

Another photo from the goosander session on Saturday. Beautiful birds and hopefully I will get back to have another session with them soon. I can never quite make up my mind on the best crop (although this image is only cropped to shape) for these low level water bird photos, so look foward to hearing your suggestions.

Taken with a 1DIV and 500mm lens at ISO 400 F5.6 -1EV at 1/1250s hand held lying on a cold concrete landing stage!.

Cheers

Rich

Fabs Forns

Caught in the act, huh? Interesting light and eye contact. I'd be tempted to lighten that gorgeous face of his some :)

Aiden Blake

Really neat pose you've captured there. I like how you got even lower than just crouching down to limit the DOF even more. I'll have to try that out myself.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rich- I see UK water is now in its molten state!

Love the beautiful light and steel-grey water and BG, and of course the low angle. They are outstanding birds aren't they!

I think in this case you could crop from below up to just below where the reflections start.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great angle and I like the behavior and eye contact. Another vote for lightening the head plumage a bit.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice work Richard. A difficult bird for to approach as well as photograph for sure.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the low angle of this shot, i would agree with the first comment on lightening the head up just a tad bit. Overall a great image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Many thanks for the comments. I have to agree they are wonderful birds John. I will have a go at playing around with the head area to try lightening it up.

Cheers

Rich