Thread: Gold Crest uk

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gold Crest uk

This is Britain’s and Europe’s smallest bird, the Firecrest which is very similar is usually slightly bigger and heavier we are only talking grams and mm.

This appears to be a first year bird by the look of its plumage as none of the primary feathers seem to be worn.

Phil.

D2x Sigma 500f4.5HSM 1/350th @ f6.3 iso 200 HH

:)

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the diagonal created by the composition. Detail is very nice as well. Goods eye contact.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Phillip,

Boy you really nailed this guy. Great clarity, color, and perfect dof. The diagonal comp works very well. I do wish the bird was isolated from the background a little better, but hey, still a very nice image.

Dan

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Phil

These are tricky birds to photograph as they hardly ever stop moving. The composition is strengthened by the diagonals and I like the back view of the bird. Not a bird that is easy to get on a clean background given there habits and I do find the light bqckground branches in the bottom right a little distracting, however the image does show the bird in its preferred conifer habitat.

Cheers

Rich

Cheers

Rich

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image overall. Our Kinglets are similar looking and just as figity!! With these frantic birds you were pushing your luck with ISO 200, but this image turned out quite sharp indeed. Love the crossed primaries. If cropped and you have the room at bottom I'd add some back to prevent the lower needles from being clipped. I do wish for a better HA, but man this is one nicely presented image :).