Thread: Sunrise At The Farm

LouisKeller

Default Sunrise At The Farm

Attached Images Attached Images

Photo was taken in South Texas on the farm where I was born and grew up. Image is almost full frame and the saturation was not enhanced. This is the way the sunrise looked when photographed.

Canon 10D with Canon 70-200 shot on jpeg setting. No raw image @ f6.7, 1/500, ISO 200. Cropped a little to get the desired effect.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very pretty shot with the addition of the location having significance to you (I think of all the boring shots I have of the house I grew up in.)
    The only thing I would consider is cropping a bit off the top to draw more attention to the details which are in the bottom of the image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Louis, You recorded a sunset we all hope to see...just beautiful! Very good choice of silouettes but I thought I would crop this tighter to accentuate the windmill, tree and the sun. I showed you this comp just to give you another idea how to frame the subjects.

Paul Marcellini

I agree on the corp and also would add that trying to move left to separate the windmill from the tree would help as well.

Robert Amoruso

Dave made my crop suggestion and Paul made my moving suggestion. Good work seeing the possibilities here.