Thread: Bok Tower Exhibit

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bok Tower Exhibit

Attached Images Attached Images

Let's hope that this post will be met with a little more sanity than my last attempt here :)

My exhibit at Bok Tower opened last night (1-30-10). We had more than 100 folks in attendance. The ophthalmologist who examines my eyes for diabetic complications was there and purchased two prints. When he arrived he did not know that I was the photographer! James Shadle and Sid arrived late for the slide program and were locked outside. They hung around for an hour just to say 'Hi." Robert O'Toole and Jennifer's family were there as well.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on the Exhibit. Would love to see some images:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, congrats on your exhibit. How can we see some of your images?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denise ippolito View Post
    Congratulations on the Exhibit. Would love to see some images:)
    Thanks. When I first read the above, I thought, "What is this woman talking about?" Then I looked at Pane #1 and saw that I had forgotten to upload the image :) Thanks also to Richard. Grandkids tomorrow!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats, Artie. What a fine body of work. If you have more images of the exhibit, please post.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Grace. Canon generously sprang for 34 canvases... Will do.

Axel Hildebrandt

Looks good, I like the selection and the images seem to be well-lit.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Ax. Here is an interesting note; when I was working briefly on the image, the blues were way too magenta. The normal methods of fixing them did not work so I went into Selective Color and added 100 points of CYAN to the BLUEs and bingo! (I tried it because it has worked great with unruly REDs before.)

Alfred Forns

Great exhibit Artie love the image presentation !!!

Judy Lynn Malloch

Congratulations Artie on your exhibit . Sure would love to have the opportunity to see it. How long will it be there ??

Julie Kenward

Artie, what was the 'theme' (for lack of a better word) for this exhibit - is it a certain period of time or a specific place or just your favorite images??? How did you decide what would go into this particular exhibit?

Axel Hildebrandt

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks Ax. Here is an interesting note; when I was working briefly on the image, the blues were way too magenta. The normal methods of fixing them did not work so I went into Selective Color and added 100 points of CYAN to the BLUEs and bingo! (I tried it because it has worked great with unruly REDs before.)
    I forgot to say that I really like the idea to have part of the image on the edge, gives it almost a 3D appearance.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Lynn Malloch View Post
    Congratulations Artie on your exhibit . Sure would love to have the opportunity to see it. How long will it be there ??
    Thanks. It will be up through the end of March.

Gus Cobos

Congratulations Mr. Morris,
    a very fine exibit indeed...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    I forgot to say that I really like the idea to have part of the image on the edge, gives it almost a 3D appearance.
    Are you talking about the right frame edge? If yes, that is the shadow of the next image. (Slightly confused.)

Axel Hildebrandt

Are you talking about the right frame edge? If yes, that is the shadow of the next image. (Slightly confused.)
    I meant the side of the frame, in the osprey image the image extends on that side.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on the Exhibit Guruji, Lovely placement of images on wall
    TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Congrats Artie,
    Sid and I were bummed that after driving 3 hours we didn't get to see the exhibit or sideshow (Robert said you killed), it was good to see afterward nonetheless.
    Froggie / Darth / James / JimBob / Jimmy / Jim

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    I meant the side of the frame, in the osprey image the image extends on that side.
    Ah, they create the sides at Canvas on Demand. (The images are printed full frame as I send them and they build the edges for the wrap.) Amazingly, the images are printed from 150 dpi images that I size, sharpen, and e-mail!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Shadle View Post
    Congrats Artie, Sid and I were bummed that after driving 3 hours we didn't get to see the exhibit or sideshow (Robert said you killed), it was good to see afterward nonetheless. Froggie / Darth / James / JimBob / Jimmy / Jim
    Thanks Froggie. I was bummed too, but there is nothing left now to do but love it :). (I saw that you called a few times; my cell was in the car turned off....) And at least it was on the way home for you ;)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Guruji
    I am doing one exibition in March to support one tiger conservation program. You must be knowing we have marked 2010 as tiger year. Can you let us know how you have printed the images ( Size , paper , PP ). We are planning to print them in 20 x 30 and 30 x 40 size. your help appreciated

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad-bhai, We did not print them :) They were printed by a great company called Canvas on Demand here in the US on canvas on a Canon 9100 printer. They are excellent.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

They were printed by a great company called Canvas on Demand here in the US on canvas on a Canon 9100 printer. They are excellent.
    Thanks Guruji , need to talk with Canon India , I am sure they will help , Canon user now:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good luck. What prompted the switch?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ah, they create the sides at Canvas on Demand. (The images are printed full frame as I send them and they build the edges for the wrap.) Amazingly, the images are printed from 150 dpi images that I size, sharpen, and e-mail!
    The space and the images in it look great, I wish I can see an exhibit of yours some day.
    If you don't mind I have two questions:

1 Do you always exhibit w/o frame i.e. canvas with wrap, and what made you make that choice.

2 Can you tell bit more on printing specs. Is it always 150 dpi regradless of size, what are sharpening settings? I just got an HP Photosmart printer and experimenting at this point:)

I hope my questions are sane:D:)