Thread: Family feud

Jim Caldwell

Default Family feud

Attached Images Attached Images

I made this image at the Chipley Wolf Reserve at the last session hosted by Jason Hahn. A deer carcass was brought in (road kill) and a pack of wolves were released to enjoy their meal. One small altercation broke out and I managed to record a few frames.

Canon 1ds MK II n, 1/1000 @ F/8 on manual, ISO 400, 100-400mm Canon zoom set at 285mm. I brushed out a small branch behind the middle wolf, this is not cropped.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Hi Jim this is an incredible image that documents some very dynamic behavior. You did well to capture this action as it really tells a story. No nits for me !!!

George DeCamp

Love the action here Jim, the teeth tell the story. My nit is the left side of the frame is a bit weaker. Not sure you can crop it back too much though. Must have been a sight to see and hear. This is a cool image!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite graphic with some great behavior. Technicals look right on.. Left side of the image is a bit static and your almost lost the wolf on the right..

Jasper Doest

Wow, I'd love to see this in the field one day. Interesting composition with the wolf on the left doing its own thing. I do find the whole scene is a bit too tight...it would have been nicer if you would have zoomed out a bit. The cloning is a bit too obvious here IMO.

DanWalters

I really like the interaction between the wolves. Very intense.