Thread: Magellanic Woodpecker at Tierra del Fuego!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Magellanic Woodpecker at Tierra del Fuego!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all, after four hours after him and his wife, I manged to get some decent shots of this oustandinf species, I am very happy only just because I could see them, tomorrow is my last day here and I hope I can go back to this place to see f I can improve this shot. Still, I enjoyed th day very much. Hope you like it.

Comments and Critiques are welcome and apreciated.

1/250Seg.
    F5.6
    ISO 1000
    300mm f4
    MarkII
    Handheld
    20% crop

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....03346065&saved
    Last edited by Ramon M. Casares; 02-01-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Axel Hildebrandt

Cool bird, good sharpness, eye contact, trunk and BG. I might lighten the blacks a bit.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Love this shot Ramon. Well done for being so dedicated to try and get the opportunity to capture this cracker mate. :)

Love the red/black combo and the trunk with all that lichen. top stuff. Hope you CAN get even better, but this is darn good enough. :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

These are big birds if memory serves. Saw them in TDF in 2008 and loved the red head. I like the comp. and it looks very sharp with a lovely BG.

Cindy Mead

what a stunning woodpecker- I really like the soft light and the great look at the head/face. Looks nice and sharp where it needs to be. Beautiful image of a beautiful species Ramon.

Danny J Brown

Hey Ramon - I've never seen this critter before - what a stunning bird. You really made the intense colors look great and I love the way the tree is angling back to make the shot look unique from most woodpecker shots. The moss and the buttery bokeh make it a winner as well. Great image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

great shot Ramon, it could do with being a little more exposure though, its a bit dark.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man this one is just killer. I love the soft light, the fantastic stare of the woodpecker and the perch. The particle sof wood in the belly of the bird tells an interesting story about the way they build their nests. I see this one with a different composition, the bird placed a bit higher in the frame and a bit additional room at the left to reinforce the diagonal composition.
    Tremanda Ramón!!;)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I don't know how I missed this one. Fantastic bird on a perfect perch and in the right angle with great BG. Well done, Ramon.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am glad I looked for your posting of this this Woodpecker. What a wonderful species. Like I said before I just love Woodpeckers. Agree with lightening the blacks a tad. I will now take another look at this stunning Woodpecker species!! Keep them comming.
    Ted

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hola Amigo mio!!!!! How was the forrest at Ushuaia???
    Beautiful shot, i love the eye and the ambient of the shot..this birds are not easy to photograph..
    Let me know when you are coming to Chile
    Un abrazo

Rodrigo