Thread: Everglades Default Place

Michael Pancier

Default Everglades Default Place

Pine Glades Lake - Sunset
    5d Mark II + 70-200 2.8L at 145mm; f/14 at 1/120; ISO 100

Robert Amoruso

Michael,

Here I am liking the sun in the center as it "feels" right and balances well with the two taller trees left and one taller tree right.

Ramesh Adkoli

Beautiful image, Michael. For me too, sun in center doesn't bother. Loved those golden/orange hues. As the water does reflect the clouds in great detail, was wondering whether you took any image with slower shutter speed for a washed effect there. TFS.

regards,
    ramesh

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Michael,
    Know the area well and use it as my default place also! I too like the central placement for balance and the colors are great too! One thing you may want to experiment with is minimizing the black area by slicing off a chunk.....this is just something to play around with as I like these type of reflection but some feel they look too much like an ink blot test....just something to try. Nicely done at the default local!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Michael, Nice balanced comp with a beautiful sunset. Centering of sun is not a problem for me either in this case.Agree with Roman that it might be interesting to see what it looks like slicing out some of the middle of the silouette. Pleasing image!!