Thread: Look Both Ways

Justin Reznick

Default Look Both Ways

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at the Lower Klamath Refuge after a big freeze and during a snow storm.

Canon 7D
    400mm
    f/5.6
    1/400 sec
    ISO 125

Cropped quite a bit to get the desired comp. Made me dream of a 600mm lens!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one, given the overcast day. These guys are beautiful.

More ISO would help shutter speed (assume HH) - interesting thread in the Ed Forum on ISO speed - good read. I have a 7D as well, nice kit.
    Last edited by Jeff Cashdollar; 01-10-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Justin Reznick

Thanks Jeff!

I knew I would have to crop quite a bit and the 7D is pretty noisy at the higher ISOs. I did my best to keep the ISO as low as possible while maintaining a sharp image. I think it can out pretty sharp. I'm really trying to gain a balance as I get to the know the 7D. The 40mm f/5.6 is my longest focal length lens. Whenever I know I'm going to have crop I do everything I can to get that ISO down. I did some test images at 100 ISO and 400 ISO and the difference was pretty dramatic. How have your results been?

Todd Frost

Nice capture. I thought the 7D was performing a little better iso wise than you are experiencing (Nikon here). You did well finding a pair in the open. You might give it a little s/h work and run another round of sharpening on the eagles.
    Todd

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image Justin. I just love the cold feeling of the image. A little s/h might open up a little more detail in the Eagles.
    Ted