Thread: Preening on flight

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Preening on flight

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all, I am almost sure that some of you guys and gals have noticed my personal preference for the flamingos and, in the case that someone didn´t noticed how much I like this species here is another reason why I love them ;)
    Instead of the fact that they are really beautiful and elegant, they are truly masters of flight. It is amazing how easy they can perform their daily routines, like preening or fight, during flight. This guy is almost ready to land but he spend about 4-5 seconds preening before landing.
    In this image I love the "&" shape of the bird, the neat eye and the feeling that the bird is floating in the air, effortlessly, like hanging from an invisible thread.

BTW Artie I know that you are going to ask about the eye but it is untouched, I mean no aditional selective sharpening to the eye ;)

Hope you like this image and feel free to made comments and suggestions :)

Nikon D300, AFS Nikkor 500VR+1,4XTC, handheld standing up near my car, manual exposure, about 60% full frame, 1/1250s, f8, ISO640

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Truly unique shot Juan. loved the pose and the long legs. Only suggestion is a little more room at top and less below.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Juan

Congratulations on capturing a very striking image resulting from this unique pose. Well exposed with good detail in the blacks. Maybe a touch off the bottom.

Cheers

Rich

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting image, Juan. I like the graphic nature of the lines and curves but mostly the colors and the behavior that you have captured so well.

john j. henderson

Sweet shot, nice diagonal line and nice curved neck interest. Colors are a real plus.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, Juan, your love to flamingos in obvious. Great and interesting pose captured here. Love the colors and the overall detail too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Clean with perfect techs and I love the shape of the neck. I would have preferred the wings down a bit more and am sure that you would have liked the bird preening this side of its neck.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Juan - Great detail throughout, excellent sharpness, and love the originality of the pose.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lovely S-curve, Juan. Amazing how you can see the individual vertebrae in the neck. Trademark Juan sky.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Juan, exceptional posture showing the curved neck whilst preening. I just love the colours in this, and overall so sharp. I like the feel of the sky, as if its a bit dark and stormy. ( whilst on holiday, I managed a few flamingo shots too, but after this, Im not sure. ;) )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful behavioural shot Juan, with super light and colours. I love it.

Sinh Nhut Nguyen

Very unusuall inflight pose, the colors and exposure are perferct.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful Juan. Sometimes it's hard to come up with constructive comments. If it were my image I'd crop/add canvas (and possibly rotate) to see how the bird would look with its body in line with the upper right and lower left corners.

Jim Coda
    www.jimcoda.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome!! what more can I say.
    Ted