Thread: Homer Alaska Eagles

Todd Levine

Default Homer Alaska Eagles

Attached Images Attached Images

Last Feb. I was fortunate to attend a workshop with Robert O'toole in Homer. It was one of the best experiences I have had. There were close to hundred eagles during feeding time. If they are still or ever will again feed the eagles I highly recommend the experience. The instruction by Robert was great.

Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec
    Aperture: 5.6
    Exposure mode: Manual
    Flash: Off
    Metering mode: Evaluative
    Drive mode: Continuous
    ISO: 400
    Lens: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
    Focal length: 130mm

I look forward to insights to help me improve.

thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Todd, lovely head on shot, and I like the full wingspread. Overall really sharp, and I like the concentrated focus on his face. If anything, I would add to the bottom for more space for him to land in.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pose. Image quality suspect... Whites not burned but way too bright. Used Select/Color Range and did a 100% Linear Burn on the whites plus a bit of Eye Dr. work all as in Digital Basics...
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

ps: The BKGR looks way funky....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Todd Levine

I like what you did in the whites, helpful that you wrote what you did. The background was pretty much as is. The only part I touched was the extreme top across the picture due to leveling the horizon and the cropping from that. The original had much more space with rocks in bkgr but the colors were from a rock wall refelcting into the water. This photo was taken out on a boat.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great wing spread and nice sharpness. Artie's whites are a big improvement. Would like to see a bit more canvas up top and more at the bottom.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Peter Farrell

Awsome Eagle shot. I like the wing and tail spread.
    Peter