Thread: Dark-eyed Junco

Kurt Bowman

Default Dark-eyed Junco

Attached Images Attached Images

Finally got a Dark-eyed Junco to give me a not so cluttered background.

7D
    300mm f/4 w/1.4 tc
    1/2500
    f/5.6
    ISO 400

Peter Farrell

Kurt, hope you don't mind but I Re-worked your image slightly. I cleaned up the perch and tried to get a deeper blue tone to the sky. I lightened up the brown and grey portions of the bird. My work was quick and in no way perfect.
    Peter

Last edited by Peter Farrell; 01-03-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: edit to attach image

Kurt Bowman

Thanks Peter, I never mind someone helping me...thank you for that. BTW, this was an over-cast day, so the sky had a very thin line of whote clouds with a blue tint....thus the reason for the BG. Is is actually very accurate for the day. Also, did you forget to attach the re-work? Would love to see it
    :D

Axel Hildebrandt

Good-looking bird and Peter's repost makes it stronger. You could have dialed in positive EC and I wish for a lower angle and more head turn toward you.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was thinking the same thing Axel was. With a dark bird and a bright BG, think + EC. The repost looks good, but I'd like a better head angle.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px