Thread: Says Phoebe

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Says Phoebe

Attached Images Attached Images

One of my favorites. Cropped from left, curves and Sharpened.

D2H
    600mm
    1/160 @ f4

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful pose Jim and well framed with a lovely head turn.. Also like the soft BG that just gives us a hint of what is going on. It is also sharp with excellent detail and catchlight in the eye. One thought would be for a higher Fstop so as to have a little more detail in the tail. Really like this Jim and I can see why it is one of your favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Todd Frost

Jim,
    Very nicely done, pose is great as well as the bg. Amazing what one can achieve with that camera. Do you still use it at all, I still use mine as sometimes the smaller files are nice if not much cropping ness.
    Todd

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Judy. Sad to admit it, but at that time, I didn't even really know what DoF was:o

Todd,
    I really enjoyed my D2H. Unfortunately, I mailed it to Nikon for a meter repair and it never got there. It was insured, but I still wasn't a happy camper.

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice details and the BG adds interest. I wish for more eye contact and it looks as if it has a slight green color cast on my monitor.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Yep, you're right. I didn't notice the green until I ran my color cast checker action. Here is a more neutral version.

Jose Suro

To me the first look perfect. And I am calibrated on an Apple 23". Love the image. Perfect techs. The bird is just slightly darker than te background, maybe just a contrast boost. Great image.

Best,

Jose

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jose,

The cast is not easily noticed at first, even on a calibrated monitor (I'm on a calibrated Apple as well). I left some of it in for the repost as a totally "neutral" rendition was too blah.

Anita Rakestraw

I like the 2nd post best and the image in general, but I have to say that my eye keeps being drawn to the leafy branch coming in from the upper right corner. If it were either in focus, or more blurred, I think it would be less distracting....