Thread: I sing a song for you....

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default I sing a song for you....

Attached Images Attached Images

I was able to make some images of these two egrets in Egypt. I like the interacting of the birds.

Mark III, Canon 100-400 + 1.7 TC
    1/800 sec / f 10 / ISO 500

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rosl,

I really like the pose of the bird on the right with the open upward pointing bill. I'm not sure about the leaves in the upper right. You may want to consider cloning those out.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rosl
    You have some nice egrets here......are they captive? Just wondering why you posted them here. I like that one is singing while the other is....listening....or perhaps ignoring!!! It may be picky but I wish that at least the shadow of the beak wasn't on the second bird....but I don't know if you could have gotten a different angle with the sun.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Lana,
    I put them in this forum because the hand of man made wall they stand on.

I was thinking about removing the leaves, but sometimes I like some branches or leaves that give a kind of frame (I know, that it is not a frame in this picture here)
    But I have to say, when I follow your advice and remove the leaves, may be I will like it more ...:-))) I'll give it a try.

That's why I like this new forum so much: I get so much new ideas! Thanks for that!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rosl
    I never thought about what they were standing on to be an actual wall.....just thought it was rocks. Jim mentioned to remove the leaves but I never did.....I rather liked them. I'm not always creative enough to make some of those decisions but there's something about a touch of green that I like in an image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this image a lot, I think the leaves add a little interest, for me, I would leave them there. Good effort with the timeing to get the eye's of both birds. I like the interaction between the birds and the exposure on the white.

Jan Walker

Just for the record, I rather like the beak shadow. It serves to draw the two birds together visually as well as emotionally.
    -Jan